(pictured from top to bottom)
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseni
Testimony - Anita Shreve
Dreams from My Father - Barack Obama
Second Chance - Jane Green
Bossypants - Tina Fey
Mentor Texts - a book about teaching writing using children's literature as examples
Nonfiction Mentor Texts - a book about teaching writing using nonfiction children's literature as examples
Day by Day - how to run writer's workshop
Write Traits Teacher's Guide - the teacher's manual for our writing curriculum
Report Form Comprehension Guide - the teacher's manual for one comprehension curriculum
Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing - a book I unearthed in my very own classroom
Idioms Delight - how to explicitly teach idioms to children
Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking - I also discovered this is my room. It's a manual that goes with a game!! It seems like it teaches kids, in game form, how to think while they read in order to boost comprehension. Sounds amazing, but I haven't opened the book yet.
11 IEPs - planning to read up on my new students
Testimony - Anita Shreve
Dreams from My Father - Barack Obama
Second Chance - Jane Green
Bossypants - Tina Fey
Mentor Texts - a book about teaching writing using children's literature as examples
Nonfiction Mentor Texts - a book about teaching writing using nonfiction children's literature as examples
Day by Day - how to run writer's workshop
Write Traits Teacher's Guide - the teacher's manual for our writing curriculum
Report Form Comprehension Guide - the teacher's manual for one comprehension curriculum
Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing - a book I unearthed in my very own classroom
Idioms Delight - how to explicitly teach idioms to children
Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking - I also discovered this is my room. It's a manual that goes with a game!! It seems like it teaches kids, in game form, how to think while they read in order to boost comprehension. Sounds amazing, but I haven't opened the book yet.
11 IEPs - planning to read up on my new students
(not pictured, but on my list)
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs
Ida Bee and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster and (Possibly) Save the World - Katherine Hannigan
The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life - Rosamund Stone Zander
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs
Ida Bee and Her Plans to Maximize Fun, Avoid Disaster and (Possibly) Save the World - Katherine Hannigan
The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life - Rosamund Stone Zander
Oh my. I'm going to stop there. I wouldn't want to make a list I can't complete.
I will have a whole week on Madeline Island to read...so I'm not worried.

oh, i like this. & thank you for some ideas to add to my summer reading list! you also have an upcoming really LONG road trip to possibly do some reading. maybe a book on tape?? i've never tried that.
ReplyDeletedid you write this while lounging on the beach? very impressive molly! i've read The Friday Night Knitting Club and The Handmaid's Tale- bboth good! I also read the 11 IEPS for your new students. Good luck w/ them next year!
ReplyDeleteI want to borrow a book from you to read. It takes be about 10x longer than the average person to read a book because i'm so slow. hehe
love
bec
I want to read all those books too.
ReplyDeleteGood choice on stopping your list there, though. Those unfinished lists do tend to drag one down. At least I imagine they would....haven't ever actually done it myself.