My one true love, Mat Kearney, is married.
In fact, he's been married for over a year and I'm just now finding out about it.
Bec sent me a link to this blog and I'm not sure if I should love her for letting me know the truth that my dream is over, or if I should be mad that she took away my ignorant bliss.
![]() | ||
| photo by Tec Petaja |
I have tickets right here in my hand to see him open for Owl City, but now I know it's too late.
I just don't know what it's going to be like to see him again in this new reality....knowing there is no hope for the future...knowing he loves someone else.
I hope it's not awkward.
I know, I know. There are other fish in the sea. I will move on. I just need to grieve for a moment.
![]() | ||
| photo by Tec Petaja |



:( :( :( sad sad times! i am equally heart broken. so much so that i can't even go to his concert.
ReplyDeletemaybe the lead singer for owl city is single?
(this is bec. google now refers to me by my full name)
i thought owl city was opening for HIM?!
ReplyDeletethis is sad. always the possibility we could jump his wife at the show & show her what's up!
no....just kidding. unless you want to & then i'm totally in! ;)
i just have to tell you, that grandma was so concerned and very, very sad for you after reading this. after dinner, we were talking about you and she mentioned your blog, and then says to mom and i "but was he really her one true love?? i felt SO bad for her....she said he'd been married for a year and she never even knew!" to which mom and i replied "whatt??"- is she reading the wrong blog? did she make this up? haha, apparently we hadnt seen the latest blogs. let me tell you, the scene and conversation here was hilarious. know that your grandma loves you very much, and if this ever actually happened to you, she would be very sorry. hahahaha..
ReplyDelete