Hello.
Remember me?
I miss blogging. I miss writing. Mostly, I'm a little sad that so many of my thoughts and tidbits about life that I wanted to write down, did not get written down.
So, I'd like to make blogging part of my life again.
In The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin says that if you want something to be a habit, you need to do it every day or it won't happen. When she started blogging, she wrote every single day. She says it doesn't matter what we do once in awhile. It matters what we do every day. I need to look up that exact quote...
I'm not sure if I agree that it has to be done every day to become a habit, but I certainly see that an every day occurrence would make something become a solid habit very quickly.
Anyways. I'm here to share 2 songs.
In mid-summer, I went to church and my friends Amanda and Emily sang the song Greatness of Our God. Yes, it's a Christian/Praise song. I probably dislike a lot more songs in this genre than I like, but when I like them, I really like them. The good music and voices combined with a powerful message that I'm passionate about, often gives me goosebumps.
On this particular Sunday I was struggling with feeling really bad about myself and overly critical of the way I was living my life. I felt far from God. Hearing this song made me cry, but I was very comforted.
http://youtu.be/BUSxSDY8ddw
My favorite lyric: And there is nothing that could ever separate us from Your love.
(I think Natalie Grant is a good singer, but I liked Amanda and Emily's voices better.)
The other song, 10,000 Reasons, we've sang a couple times. I just think it's a really good song. I don't have enough musical vocabulary to be more specific about what I like about it, but I know I like how it sounds. I love the way he sings "O my soul," the third time in the chorus.
http://youtu.be/XtwIT8JjddM
My favorite lyric: Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes.
My favorite from the Greatness song is "Give me eyes to see more of who you are". Wise request.
ReplyDeleteAnd the other song, does he say, "Another day to let your spirit shine"? So, each day is an opportunity to share brightness. There are no bad days. Hmmm. Sounds freeing.
Beautiful songs; thanks for sharing Molicita.
Hi! I remember you! So does this mean you'll be blogging ALMOST every day? That's an exciting thought.
ReplyDeleteI love that line from 10,000 Reasons. I also love Matt Redman's voice & his music video!
Thanks for sharing :)
Don't ever give up, Molly. When it happens again, it will be the perfect time.
ReplyDelete