You know what I like about blogging?
I like going back and re-reading my blogs.
I like remembering things I did and how I felt about things. I like looking back and thinking, "Hey. That's funny. I'm funny!"
It's 100 times more fun than re-reading old journals. I'm almost tempted to just burn my old journals. It makes me want to vomit reading them. I used to think that maybe with time I would find my old journals less cringe worthy. Apparently 10 years is not enough time.
Anyways. Back to my point.
I like blogging. Some people make a fortune, or at least a living, off their blogs. It turns into their whole career.
Fabulous for them.
Clearly I am very close to being able to live off my blogging, but I would like to tell you that I've realized that why I want to keep blogging is because I like the way I record my life here.
Private journaling of course has it's place, but it's nice to have a record of life that you are proud to show others. Also, saving my blogs takes up zero space in my apartment.
Now, I just need to blog more regularly so my life doesn't have giant gaps in it.
I see your point. But I have to say, I DID throw out most of my journals from when I was a teenager. Someday when/if I have a teenage daughter, I may regret that, but it's done. When is the last time you journaled, more recent than 10 years?
ReplyDeleteBut I second the motion that you blog more regularly! No one likes giant gaps.