Monday, September 27, 2010

weekend retreat

I seem to want to continue to be a youth group leader at my church, but it also seems like I never really want to do any of the activities. However, once they are over, I always think, "Oh, that wasn't so bad."
One of the biggest commitments is the Fall Retreat. This past weekend we took 16 kids to a farm about an hour from church. We weren't camping technically, but it was still "roughing it" for me. Despite the poor upkeep, the cottages were very cute.

saturday morning devotions: we each bent a piece of wire to represent our "mission" in life
the rec barn where we ate and met for activities
the kids :)
one of the several cabins surrounding the rec barn
the girls cabin (with a sign hanging on the door reading "keep out")Italic
painting rocks during arts and craftsinside the girls cabin
the girls like to push the bunks together so amanda and i ended up very close together too!
the boys cabin
he fell in the pond and lost a flip-flop in the quick sinking mud
mmm...
sunday morning pancakes
communion before we left

Good: It was a totally beautiful fall weekend and we were very well fed thanks to all the hard work of our ring leader.
Not so good: I didn't get much sleep and I did get annoyed with the kids a couple times when we had them in a large group.
Good: My art activity was enjoyed by all and didn't take much prep work.
Not so good: I spent 6 straight hours prepping for the school week when I got home.
Good: I got to talk to Amanda a lot.
Not so good: I ate way too much junk food.
Good: I felt like I finally have a relationship started with some of the girls in youth group.

1 comment:

  1. Why, Molly, I didn't know you were a youth group leader. Your mother never told me that! That was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete