Wednesday, September 15, 2010

sometimes

Sometimes my mom and I hang out...on the phone.

It usually starts out like a regular phone call. We fill each other in on different daily events and have a typical conversation.

Then the conversation slowly dies down, but we don't hang up. At this point I usually put the speaker phone on and she eventually does the same.

We just carry our phones around with us while we do things around the house (or in her case today: go to the store, try on clothes and checkout and then drive back to the hotel). We don't hold a steady conversation the whole time, but say things as they come to mind.

If you haven't met her, my mom talks a lot. And she talks to herself a lot. So, I'll be checking my e-mail or cleaning the bathroom and she just talks away about all the stuff she's seeing or doing and I'll occasionally make a comment or sometimes just ignore her entirely, but I hear her. Sometimes she is doing work so she doesn't talk either and we just sit there with our phones on.

This is how we hang out when we live so far apart.hi mama. i love you.

4 comments:

  1. No one can say we don't know how to have fun, can they, Molly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful way to be together without really being together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture you guys doing that :) It's cute, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete