Thursday, September 16, 2010

TV

I shouldn't be writing this.

I should be doing lesson plans. Or if I'm not going to do lesson plans, I should at least go to bed and get some sleep.

I also shouldn't write this because it really is pointless.

But I'm doing it anyway.

With Netflix and hulu.com, I've discovered a lot of TV shows that I really enjoy.

Sadly, Mercy has been canceled and so has Arrested Development.

And then there are the oldies, but goodies that I watched before Netflix and hulu.
But my all time favorite TV show? Not Dr.Quinn Medicine Woman, or Gilmore Girls or even Judging Amy....image

The last season of Felicity aired on the WB the year I graduated from high school, but I didn't start watching any of the episodes until the following year when I was home for a semester "between" colleges.

What's your favorite show?

I typically put on a show on my computer while I work on my school laptop and do lesson planning or wash the dishes or play solitaire or eat dinner. I realized that I was slowly starting to have the "TV" on more and more throughout the day if I was home or most of the evening after work. Even though watching the show was not my prime focus, I still started to wonder if it was changing the way my evenings went. So this week I decided not to watch any at all. And I have made it this far. I think I will allow it for tomorrow, but I might continue with no TV during the week. We'll see. I do like to have something on while I work and because I live alone, but I've been exploring other options.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is interesting that you thought that this post was "pointless". I see it just as a continuation of the blog- your thoughts and about life's daily experiences. Why is that more pointless than anything else?
    .....just wondering

    ReplyDelete
  2. BONES! that is my favorite show. and it should be yours too ;) i also like life unexpected. and i concur about the office!
    i can understand wanting to have something on while you are doing work, definitely. but if you are finding TV distracting or that you have it on too much, you could switch to music. or have music on half the time and TV on half the time. just a thought!
    but i agree, there are lots of good shows out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Molly! I totally understand you on this one. I've actually been what I would title a "TV Addict" since high school. Recently, however, I gave up TV so that I could focus on things in England, but mostly to focus on God. And I gave it up right in the middle of watching the LOST seasons on Hulu...errrg...it was difficult. I have to admit that when I first arrived in England, I watched some Top Model (pretty stupid) just because I had no one to talk to and was feeling very lonely without hearing any other voices. I think that this is ok as long as we don't get to the point of depending on the TV or substituting it for other, more wholesome experiences, or when we start to justify why we NEED to watch it instead of just seeing it as a leisure activity like any other. So, kudos to you for your experiment! ;o)

    ReplyDelete