Let's just start by emphasizing that today is May 26 (happy birthday Gramma!).
It is not even the end of May. If summer has even begun...it's just barely.
However, outside of Philly today it was 90 degrees......and humid.
Humidity is really what gets me. I can handle heat. I can't handle feeling like I can't breathe because the air is so thick.
It may not look like it at first glance, but this is a pretty bad picture.
Look closely at our smiles and you will realize that we are very uncomfortable.
Another clue is that we aren't even touching each other.
This is Anna and I in Central Park last summer. In July. It wasn't so bad in the shade, but as soon as we stepped into the sun (which was a bad idea in terms of lighting anyways) we were miserable. We didn't even care that the picture wouldn't turn out well.
So, anyways. The whole point of this is that I'm sitting here in my apartment, after a very hot afternoon in my sauna/classroom, and I'm hot. Really hot.
This summer I plan to bring you tips to combat the heat. They will be highly invaluable (or un-valuable).


share some of your heat with us in madison!!! (although i must say, a few hours ago i could definitely relate to your dislike and discomfort with thick, hot air (though for a much different reason than you...)!!!
ReplyDeleteI bet someone turned the thermostat up on Ol' Ponderings, don't you?!
ReplyDelete