Sunday, October 21, 2012

wallowing

I'm always worried about getting stuck.

Sometimes bad things happen. I don't need to tell any of you that.  We've all seen it.  We've all been in it. And sometimes it hurts really bad and you just have to be sad.

I have a hard time with that.

I mean, nobody likes to be sad.

But the whole time I'm trying to let myself be sad, I'm wondering if my time for being sad is up.  I'm wondering if it's become wallowing. 

I don't want to be a wallower.

I want to be sad and move through it.  I get worried I'm going to get stuck in it.

I get worried that those who have been listening to me will start singing this song...



By the way, I love this song.  Still, wouldn't want my friends to have to sing it to me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, too. But no, I wouldn't want anyone singing it to me either.

    I fear that to really be sad & move through it, we have to almost completely give ourselves over to it. We can't worry when it's going to end. If we keep thinking about the end & if we keep worrying about what others are thinking of this, I'm afraid then we haven't really given ourselves over to being sad. We're still fighting it. & we can't move through something that we're fighting.

    ReplyDelete