Right now I guess I'm imagining it's summer a little bit.
It certainly felt like summer today.
I came home and put on a short cotton skirt and made dinner (yes, shocking I know) and ate on the couch (not shocking) with the living room window wide open. The sun was setting and I was just the perfect temperature and felt so calm and peaceful and sleepy....I fell asleep.
Right now I'm sitting on the couch right in front of the living room window and if I hold perfectly still I can feel a little bit of the breeze coming in through the kitchen window.
Right now the curtains are still open and the only light in the house is this computer screen.
Right now my hair is damp and my skin is still soft from the lotion I put on after my shower (it claims it's going to make me look tan...we'll see.)
Sitting in shorts and tank top with bare feet and wet hair reminds me of summer. It just does.
Right now I would like a bowl of peaches and ice cream.
I love that I came home from school today and didn't even hardly think about school.
I love that my first day back after spring break I was able to leave before 4:30.
I love that all my anxiety about being back disappeared when the kids walked in the door. I know them.
Right now, because this is what always happens at this time of night, I am sleepy but have so many things I want to do and finally feel like I could actually do them.
This is when my energy starts to come back.
Yes, that is problem. I'm working on it.
No really. I am. I'll keep you posted.
These are wonderful thoughts!
ReplyDelete2 more months of school for you...then you and me and Sammy will go swimming.
I'm glad that you were able to leave school at such a decent hour. Was the same true for you today?
use that energy to get ready for bed and go to sleep! eager to hear if that lotion makes you look tan.....might ask you to pass it my way if it does! i want summer too! i like that this blog is called right now. that's a good place to be :)
ReplyDeleteEveryone thinks of better comments to say than I do. All I have to say is that I agree with all of them. Especially about going to bed and "right now".
ReplyDeleteRight now is the secret, I think.
right now i am up too late, and about to take some cough meds with codeine...looks like i'll be starting my day late tomorrow- but oops, that's tomorrow, not right now.
ReplyDeleteright now i'm getting a similar surge of energy which you have written of and am trying to resist it.
right now i really want an orange.